Up Coming Events

  • Cystic Fibrosis Breath of Life Gala - November 13, 2010
  • Denver Art Museum Education Research Intern - Janurary - September 2010
  • SCFD Internship - Janurary - September 2010
  • Siggraph 2009 International Conference: Poster Presentation - August 3-7 2009 - New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Siggraph Poster

Although my poster submission into the 2009 Siggraph Animation convention was denied today, I received some really great feedback from the review board. I am very thankful for the review comments, and will definitely learn from my mistakes!

My new goal is to resubmit my poster application for the late breaking deadline, which is Wednesday, 6 May 2009. This will come just days after my animation will be completed for my senior thesis gallery showing on the 4th of May.

A few excerpts from my poster review from Siggraph:

1. To have "included an animation" of the work in progress. This 2nd around, I will make sure that I have a movie file included.

2. "An animation like this could potentially be useful as an educational tool. However, the abstract does not describe in detail how the animation was created." This was my mistake. For my next abstract writing, I will make sure that I go into more detail and without grammatical errors.

3. "In general, I think the submission is good, relevant, and interesting to many." This is the most inspirational feedback! Thank you!

4. I also need to address why I used the tools that I did, and why I chose to approach the animation in a realistic way. I will make sure to do this next time!

5. More samples. This should be easy to fix, as I will now have 90% of it completed.

Again, I am really thankful for the feedback.

~I'm Living and Learning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment